The biennial Langham Christmas Festival is back in 2016 and will be even bigger and better than before. The Festival runs from Friday 2 December to Sunday 4 December, and draws people from across the region. Packed with Christmas trees, festive food and gift shopping, and great music, this is our fifth Festival. All proceeds from the Festival go to supporting the upkeep of the church.
Friday 2 December – 7:30pm
Gala Festival Opening in Church, featuring the talented singer Jackie Morrison. This will be a great occasion to enjoy some superb music and meet people from the local businesses and organisations taking part, whilst indulging in mulled wine and Christmas canapés. Tickets for this event are on sale at www.wegottickets.com.
Saturday/Sunday 3/4 December – 10:00am to 6:00pm
Christmas Tree Exhibition & Artisan Market. Visit the spectacular Christmas tree display whilst enjoying performances of live music from a range of contributors, and children’s craft workshops in Church. Entry £3 for adults with no charge for accompanied children of school age. In parallel, there will be a pop-up restaurant in the nearby Village Hall serving morning coffee, lunches and afternoon tea; as well as a quality Craft and Gift Fair featuring local artists, designers, and artisans.
Christmas raffle tickets will be available through the weekend with fabulous prizes donated by local businesses.
There will be a programme of mainly live music performances in the church on Saturday and Sunday as follows:
- 10am – 11am – Langham Primary School Choir
- 11am – 1pm – Langham Church Choir (with Laudamus Team Choir) and Kevin Slingsby (organ)
- 1pm – 2pm – Christmas Carols
- 2pm – 3pm – Roy Kirsopp (piano)
- 3pm – 4pm – Langham Junior Musicians
- 4pm – 5pm – Catmose Primary School Choir
- 5pm – 6pm – Christmas Carols
- 10am – 11:30am – Roger Hudson (jazz saxophone)
- 11:30am – 12:30 pm – Beaufort Wind Ensemble
- 12:30pm – 2pm – Christmas Carols
- 2pm – 2:30pm – Paul Butler (organ)
- 2:30pm – 3pm – Hazel Carlin (viola) & Rachel Carlin (oboe)
- 3pm – 4pm – Paul Butler & Linda Hall (piano duet)
- 4pm – 5:30pm – Roger Hudson (jazz saxophone)
On Sunday 4 December the WI will be holding a Skills Day, including the following sessions:
- 10:00am – Make Easy Christmas Cake Decorations
- 1:00pm – Decoration for a Festive Front Door
- 3:00pm – Luxury Mincemeat Making
Take what you make! No charge, no booking required.
At 6:00pm on Sunday, the Festival will conclude with an informal ‘Word, Worship & Response’ service in the church.