Please join us in prayer, as we pray especially at the moment for:
- Those who have been baptized, married or died recently;
- The victims of the shooting attack in Las Vegas;
- The victims of the earthquake in Mexico;
- Those injured in the tube train attack;
- The families and friends of those killed or injured in the recent motorway accidents;
- The hurricane and flood victims in the Carribean and Florida and the flood victims in SE Asia;
- The situation with North Korea;
- The people facing severe famine through civil war in Nigeria, Somalia, Southern Sudan and Yemen;
- Peace in Syria;
- The refugees that they may find safe refuge and a new life, and for all whose lives are torn apart by war and violence, especially the children;
- Give thanks for the release of some of the Nigerian girls, and pray for those still held captive;
- Victims of religious extremism and persecution especially in Sudan, CAR, Kenya, Syria, Somalia, Eritrea, North Korea, China, India, Northern Nigeria, Iran, Iraq, Egypt, and Pakistan;
- The Rutland Food Bank;
- The Drop-in Centre;
- Justin and John our Archbishops and Donald and John, our Bishops;
- Lee, Julie, Iain & Charlotte, our Team Clergy, and all lay members of the Ministry Team, especially Susan Osborne as she begins her work as a Lay Pastoral Minister;
- Madeleine McCann and her family and all missing children.
Your Prayer Requests
You can submit a prayer request using the form below:
The Prayer Chain is glad to receive prayer requests for friends or relatives and pass them along the chain, where they will be prayed for, in strict confidence. Please contact Mary Willows (01572 756264).
Prayers and Readings provides a daily reading and prayer intentions – a printed copy can be picked up in Oakham Church.
Pray for the work of the church in the Diocese of Peterborough, and the worldwide Anglican Communion, by using the daily prayer topics in the Diocesan Cycle of Prayer.